Reporting to the Maintenance Manager and Maintenance Supervisor, the Millwright is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Trouble shooting/repairs/installations of processing equipment with a working knowledge of electrical to allow efficient repair/replacement results.
- Carry out oral/electronic work requests and apply corrective measures in a timely fashion.
- Have an above average grasp of related mechanical requirements and apply corrective measures.
- Perform preventative maintenance and regular Work Orders and account for inventory and labor. Welding repairs and/or fabrication of equipment parts to Food Safety Standards.
- Extensive mechanical knowledge including power transmission, pneumatics and hydraulics,
- Be able to read and understand mechanical drawings/schematics.
- Machining and fabricating for equipment repair and/or upgrades.
- Welding of equipment or part repair.
- Communicate daily repair activity with Maintenance Team, Production etc.
- Understand and adhere to all plant Food/Health and Safety Polices.
- Input notes, labour hours and parts used into the plant’s SAP computerized maintenance system
- Fulfill all Health and Safety, Food Safety, HACCP, WHIMS, MSDS and BRC and Company policy requirements
Any MLF team member interested in being considered for this role are encouraged to apply online by September 6, 2023. Applications received beyond that date are not guaranteed consideration.
What You’ll Bring:
- Poultry processing and food production experience an asset
- Able to work shifts on 24 hour/ 7 day week, Rotating Shifts
- Journeyman Red Seal Certificate holder for a minimum of 5 years
- Accustomed to working with an SAP based computerized maintenance and inventory reporting system
- Excellent English both verbal and written skills
- Self-directed / motivated team player open to new technology with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Able to work effectively in a high pressure production environment
- Strength and stamina required to work with heavy equipment weighing in excess of 25 kilograms
- Must have a full compliment of personal/professional hand tools identified specifically for Food Safety program
- Candidates applying to this role must be able to work a Sunday – Thursday schedule from 9:00pm - 5:30am
- We offer competitive compensation and a benefits package within a unionized environment.
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: Please note that salaries posted on sites other than the MLF Careers Page are not a reflection of Maple Leaf Foods and are an estimated salary range provided by that particular job board. Maple Leaf Foods offers competitive wages and an attractive total rewards package, which will be discussed during an interview with our Talent Team.