Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Total Rewards, the Sr. Compensation Analyst is an expert compensation professional. The primary responsibilities will be to provide strategic compensation consultation and solutions to internal clients while supporting our Total Rewards Strategy and organizational objectives.
The Sr. Compensation Analyst will provide analytical expertise and will ensure the development and delivery of compensation education to all levels of leaders and employees throughout the organization.
Additional responsibilities include supporting broader compensation activities, developing analytical insights, and participating as SME on special projects with a significant impact on the organization.
- Monitor market competitiveness of MLF compensation programs and perform complex analysis, and delivery of findings to HR Business Partners and business leaders.
- Provide advice, modeling, and analytics on data-driven compensation, incentive, and enhancements to compensation programs.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of compensation design, practices, policies, and competitive industry trends.
- Pay Equity subject matter expert across the Company. Complete maintenance and analysis across unionized and non-unionized locations in ON and QC, ensuring compliance with Provincial regulations.
- Responsible for full-cycle execution of the organization’s compensation plans and programs including pay policy, compensation structure, salary planning, incentive plans and recognition programs.
- Global Mobility Administration
- Experience with Executive Compensation program administration
- Conduct market/custom surveys submissions.
- Conduct job evaluations at multiple levels and degrees of complexity.
- Development and delivery of compensation education to all levels of leaders, HR business partners and employees throughout the organization.
- Develop strong relationships with HR Business Partners to ensure appropriate solutions in support of client group requirements.
- Oversee and audit the ongoing execution of compensation programs according to company policies and statutory compliance.
- Participates in various Total Rewards projects/activities as needed.
What You'll Bring:
- Proven knowledge and experience in compensation program design, modeling, and implementation of compensation programs.
- Superior analytical skills: ability to analyze statistical, financial data, understand cost impact to the business and develop recommendations.
- Practical experience managing projects. Exceptional organizational and planning skills and proven ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team in a collaborative manner.
- Client focused with ability to forge partnerships within the business.
- Ability to manage information with accuracy, security, and confidentiality.
- Effective communication and consulting skills with capability to adapt to a variety of audiences.
- Bias for continuous improvement, ability to leverage data and technology to improve outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field
- Completion or working towards CCP and/or CHRP designations.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience in Compensation and Pay Equity
- Experience with Executive Compensation administration and Global Mobility administration would be considered an asset.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, Power Point and Microsoft Office programs. Experience building Excel models and graphical displays of data is essential.
- Prior experience with SAP/Success Factors is an asset.
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- A hybrid work model that embraces remote work for eligible roles, helping team members achieve work-life balance—combining the best of both spending time working remotely, benefitting from focus time, and purposeful collaboration in the office setting.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: Please note that salaries posted on sites other than the MLF Careers Page are not a reflection of Maple Leaf Foods and are an estimated salary range provided by that particular job board. Maple Leaf Foods offers competitive wages and an attractive total rewards package, which will be discussed during an interview with our Talent Team.