Responsible for supporting Customer Sales teams by ensuring key sales information, insights and recommendations are available on a timely basis to enhance customer business development efforts. Equally responsible for providing support and information to internal business functions consequently allowing Customer Sales teams effective external focus.
Any MLF team member interested in being considered for this role are encouraged to apply online by December 01. Applications received beyond that date are not guaranteed consideration.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Ensure flawless execution of order fulfillment, liaising with internal departments to ensure customer expectations are met / exceeded
- Attend key customer meetings -business reviews, planning meetings, new product presentations, etc.- with Customer Business Development Managers
- Provide back-up support to Customer Business Development Managers (i.e. vacation coverage etc.)
- Complete analysis, gain key insights and make recommendations on key performance indicators/trends and future opportunities such as sales volume, trade spending, KAAP, advertising promotions, new product launches, pricing, etc.
- Assist in the development of customer presentations (i.e. product launches, customer business plan/reviews, promotions, merchandising, pricing, etc.)
- In conjunction with other functions, coordinate, support or lead processes internally to allow Customer Managers increased external focus
- Effectively communicate customer requirements across all internal functions
- Ensure systems / processes are effectively managed and improved
- Recognize and make recommendations on cost reduction opportunities
- Assist customer team with information requests, key insights, recommendations and processes (support external processes / lead and support internal processes)
- Develop a deep understanding of the customer to provide value-added services to the customer team and customer(s)
- Support internal business functions with information and insights
- Improve internal process to support effectiveness, efficiency and external focus
- Other duties as assigned
What You’ll Bring:
- Post-secondary education required - business focus preferred
- 2-3 years’ work experience in a sales or marketing function
- Previous Customer Business Development Representative experience considered an asset
- Experience working with LDIA and AC Nielsen considered an asset
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Strong analytical skills; ability to gain and communicate key insights
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced, demanding work environment
- Highly organized, fact-based and detail oriented
- Able to anticipate internal/external customers’ needs and proactively seek to satisfy those needs
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- A hybrid work model that embraces remote work for eligible roles, helping team members achieve work-life balance—combining the best of both spending time working remotely, benefitting from focus time, and purposeful collaboration in the office setting.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: Please note that salaries posted on sites other than the MLF Careers Page are not a reflection of Maple Leaf Foods and are an estimated salary range provided by that particular job board. Maple Leaf Foods offers competitive wages and an attractive total rewards package, which will be discussed during an interview with our Talent Team.