At Maple Leaf Foods, we are actively seeking a dynamic and outcome-driven individual for the role of Marketing Manager - Wieners. Reporting to the Marketing Director – Established Categories, this individual will play a pivotal role in the strategic review and planning process for this important category. This involves harnessing insights to uncover market opportunities, and crafting strategies that are centered on meeting consumer needs. This individual will work in close collaboration with our Brand Marketing team to create impactful campaigns, partner with Sales to shape channel development strategies, and remain agile to the evolving dynamics of the category. The ideal candidate for this role is a well-rounded individual, equipped with a strong business acumen and a consumer-oriented marketing leadership style. Additionally, they will have a bias for action and can showcase a proven ability to efficiently accomplish tasks, all in alignment with the goal of achieving profitable growth.
Any MLF team member interested in being considered for this role are encouraged to apply online by November 17, 2023. Applications received beyond that date are not guaranteed consideration.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Formulate and champion marketing strategies designed to achieve category objectives, foster channel growth, and attain market share targets
- Take charge of the annual strategic business reviews and planning processes for the category
- Own the complete financial management and targets of the Wieners category reporting on a weekly and monthly basis
- Lead end-to-end commercialization of new product development, innovation and renovation from consumer-centric concept generation through to in-market execution.
- Collaborate closely with teams in Research & Development, Revenue Management, Finance, CSD, Supply Chain, and Operations to inform decisions that drive achievement of in-year goals and lay the foundation for future growth plans
- Work in partnership with the Sales team to comprehend and execute specific customer strategies and tactics
- Continuously monitor market trends, consumer preferences, and competitive landscape to provide real-time insights that can inform marketing strategies and product development decisions
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing, with experience in a CPG organization preferred
- Demonstrate a proactive and performance-driven mindset, exhibiting a strong bias for action and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Exhibit exceptional teamwork, with well-developed people skills demonstrated through a proven ability to successfully navigate and influence a complex organization
- Display effective communication skills, taking complex problems and communicating effectively to diverse audiences, ultimately achieving desired outcomes.
- Show a proven track record in product commercialization from concept through market execution
- Excel in project management, paying attention to detail and showcasing superior organizational skills
- Demonstrate critical thinking, an appetite to learn and willingness to challenge the status quo
- Competency requirements:
- Commercial Acumen and P&L Management – Solid understanding of key drivers of the P&L with ability to recommend changes required to move the business forward.
- Critical Thinking and Insights – Able to analyze and draw conclusions from internal & external data sources demonstrated through building, tracking, and course correcting business plans to achieve targets.
- Agility and Effectiveness – Able to stay focused on driving key business priorities in a dynamic business environment.
- Sales Knowledge and Connectivity – Demonstrate understanding of customer strategies and motivations and applies accordingly to marketing planning process & initiative execution.
- Leadership and Influence – Skilled in mobilizing and motivating cross functional teams to achieve commercial objectives.
- Strategic Leadership – Demonstrate big picture thinking with an ability to clearly articulate a strategic direction, justified with sound fact-based rationale. Sells ideas and recommendations through to management convincingly.
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- A hybrid work model that embraces remote work for eligible roles, helping team members achieve work-life balance—combining the best of both spending time working remotely, benefitting from focus time, and purposeful collaboration in the office setting.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: Please note that salaries posted on sites other than the MLF Careers Page are not a reflection of Maple Leaf Foods and are an estimated salary range provided by that particular job board. Maple Leaf Foods offers competitive wages and an attractive total rewards package, which will be discussed during an interview with our Talent Team.