The FSQA Technician is responsible for ensuring day to day FSQA processes and procedures are followed. The incumbent will lead & engage cross functional teams to ensure compliance with Food Safety programs and requirements.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Complete daily document verification to ensure compliance to written programs (including SOPs).
- Complete and document various audits including preoperational inspections and GMP monitoring
- Complete product samples and conduct sensory evaluations for compliance to CTQ’s
- Verification of product SOP’s and production processes for compliance to standards
- Collection of environmental samples from the RTE areas for microbiological testing (e.g. swab samples of conveyors, floors, equipment, overheads etc.)
- Assist in the maintained of the EMP program through completing swabbing, and data entry to ensure compliance.
- Document raw material incident reports and non compliance reports as needed.
- Support QA monitoring through verification of SAP usage decisions and hold and release functions.
- Support QA Supervisors with ongoing food safety and quality investigations.
- Working knowledge of statistical process control to utilize in trending and tracking of processes.
- Recognize, support and commit to the Food Safety promise
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Bring:
The successful candidate will be results-oriented, thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment, and have the ability to develop positive working relationships with all employees. Candidates must have:
- College or University degree preferably in Chemistry, Microbiology, Food Science or a related discipline
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and teach others, be self directed and motivated
- Strong knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite as well as SAP
- The successful candidate will be business, results and values oriented, work as part of a functional team and be an exceptional fit with our Maple Leaf Leadership Values
- 1 to 3 years food related experience in a HACCP recognized plant.
- Experience with maintaining environmental monitoring programs
- Detail oriented with exemplary organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills to download and process data.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com.