The Poultry Sales Representative is responsible for the management of their applicable sales territory and its daily activities. This position is accountable for achieving annual sales and procurement objectives as well as providing value added technical services to our producer base. This role is instrumental in ensuring the needs of the producers are met while also achieving chick sales/procurement budgeted volumes and meeting the differentiated product needs of the organization.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Proactively manage a sales territory and all associated sales initiatives required to meet or exceed targeted business objectives
- Maintaining and increasing the procurement volume of live chicken, as required.
- Key person managing the customer’s needs while balancing and aligning with internal constraints and operational capacities.
- Provides technical service support to our producers to meet our differentiated product needs and ensure product quality and specifications are met. Examples are Raised without Antibiotics and On Farm Animal Welfare Initiatives but are not limited to only these.
- Networking with other industry stakeholders, broadening sphere of influence and elevating over-all sales effectiveness.
- Responsible for obtaining chick orders from producers..
- Responsible for resolving all sales claims and complaints in a timely and values consistent fashion.
- Responsible for ensuring daily execution activities are meeting company, producer, and regulatory protocols.
- Strong working relationship with Ontario poultry industry representatives as required.
- Demonstration and commitment to the Maple Leaf’s Leadership Edge Values.
- Using a Six Sigma approach, to drive forward continuous improvement opportunities
What You’ll Bring:
- Post-secondary education or University Degree in Agriculture, Business, Science or related field (or equivalent work experience) preferred.
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in a sales environment.
- On Farm technical knowledge is an asset.
- Strong working knowledge of live poultry industry, and sales and procurement an asset.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated strong commitment to the Maple Leaf’s Leadership Edge Values.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence others
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated analytical, time management, and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to drive sales initiatives and multi-task in a fast pace environment.
- An ability to work independently; be self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- High level of computer competency including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com.