Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Oversees and directs activities of production operations
- Requires regular and often daily interaction with all company departments
- Train and teach others, develop, and build teams, motivate and coach employees
- Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships
- Works behind the scenes to ensure smooth operations throughout all departments
- Must be able to multi-task with ease and proficiency and be a master at time management
- Review operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve processing problems
- Review production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, or duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints
- Must be proficient in oral and written communications, remain cognizant or all company policies and procedures and be able to inspire employees to exceed goals
- Coordinate or recommend procedures for facility and/or equipment maintenance or modification, including the replacement of machines
- Prepare and maintain production reports and/or personnel records
- Develop or implement production tracking or quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance, or other operational reports to detect production problems
- Set and monitor product standards, examining samples of raw products or directing testing during processing, to ensure finished products are of prescribed quality
- Maintain current knowledge of the quality control field, relying on current literature pertaining to materials use, technological advances or statistical studies
- Ensure compliance with manufacturing, health and safety and government regulations
- Continuously improve the manufacturing process in supporting Six Sigma methodologies by identifying opportunities
- Lead work group meetings, provide coaching, training and feedback to work groups
- Administer the CA and represent the company on any third step grievances/labour Management.
- Understand and be able to review all SAP transactions for operations.
- Complete Quality Management System checks as per the Maple Leaf Foods Program
- Review and understand all KPI’s for both Plants and direct responsibilities for the production metrics (OEE, Yield and Labour efficiency).
- Ordering Consumables and creating Purchase Orders as required as well as understanding all cost centers to insure proper PO assignment.
- Work with Scheduling and Supply planning to have a weekly meeting to lock in Production Schedules.
- Be able to support and if necessary complete a mass balance trace exercise to have a good understanding of FSQA/audit requirements.
- Maintain currency with any relevant CFIA, Ministry of Labour, Ministry of Environment, TSSA and/or Health and Safety
- Effective communication with Production and Materials Manager
- Responsible for all duties and responsibilities of Production and Materials Manager in their absence. As well as coverage responsibilities for all Supervisors at LePage and Cartwright and Scheduler/Purchaser.
- Any other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Bring:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent industry experience.
- Proven initiative and leadership skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Prove experience and commitment to good manufacturing practices.
- Must be able to exercise timely, good judgement in day-to-day business decisions.
- Knowledge of HACCP and Provincial Safety Regulations would be an asset.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced production environment.
- May be required to cover alternate shifts as needed.
- Strong Computer Skills, Excel, Word, Power point, Kronos (SAP experience and asset)
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.