Shifts for the Role are:
2:30 pm to 11:00 pm (PM Shift)
4:30 pm to 1:00 am (PM Shift)
The Industrial Electrician will be responsible for effective troubleshooting, repair, installation, and preventative maintenance of facility electrical distribution systems and equipment in an industrial setting. They will ensure safe plant operations and a safe working environment for all employees.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics, and code specifications to determine lay-out of industrial equipment and installations
- Conduct planned preventive & predictive maintenance and keep maintenance records
- Actively participate in preventive maintenance program on building equipment processing equipment daily
- Efficient production equipment set up, inspection and shutdown of all related equipment when required, including process changeovers
- Assist in planning, organizing of work activities (drawing interpretation, parts preparation)
- Program, troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial equipment and automation including PLCs, HMI, frequency drives, temperature control and other related devices
What we have to offer you:
• Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
• Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
• Competitive Health and Wellness benefits
• Defined Contribution Pension Plan
• Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
• Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
- Certified Journeyman Electrician with 1-2 years’ experience. Preference to those with proof of completing the Industrial Apprenticeship Program
- Knowledge of conveyors, high speed slicers, pumps / compressor, electrical / electronic controls and high speed packaging equipment
- Strong working knowledge of HMI's, electric motor controls, programmable logic controllers, basic wiring circuits and skills necessary to safely test common electrical systems and make minor repairs where permitted
- 442A or 309A license required
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.