Have you always wanted to work in HR? Do you have a passion for helping people and a flare for project management? Do you like each day to be a new experience, crave the challenge of doing things differently, and the freedom to figure things out for yourself? Are you a curious learner who is receptive to change and wants to be a part of our exiting HR transformation journey? Are you someone who wants to be part of a team that lifts each other up; a team that fails together and celebrates together? We work hard, sure, but we make sure that we have fun winning too.
Does this sound like you? Read on to find out more.
This is your chance to be a part of Maple Leaf Foods, an iconic Canadian company. MLF is looking for a HR Administrator/ Project Coordinator to join the Human Resources (People) function and help optimize the senior leaders’ time and to provide maximum efficiency and effectiveness to perform in the role.
This newly curated role will combine project management with some administrative tasks supporting the new Senior Vice President, HR. The successful candidate will be at the forefront of helping to shape the people agenda and supporting the HR Transformation journey working alongside the Senior HR Leadership Team.
As the HR Administrator / Project Coordinator, you will be primarily responsible for:
- Directly supporting the SVP, People on a day-to-day basis in all matters related to the business operations of the function including occasional site visits
- Facilitating and follow-up of the HR Strategic Leadership Team agenda – driving the governance and operating model, as well as helping to follow up with the leaders to ensure business priorities are delivered as planned – Project Management
- Managing meetings including agenda setting, minute taking, and following up on any subsequent actions.
- Preparing documentation and presentations for audiences such as the Board of Directors and Senior Leadership Team
- Proposing and taking initiatives to improve and sustain team dynamics of the wider HR team alongside the SVP, People
- Maximizing effectiveness of the SVP, People by reading, researching, and routing correspondence, drafting emails/documents, and collecting and analyzing information
- Some administrative responsibility relating to managing calendar, business travel and expense report for the SVP, People
To be successful, you'll need to:
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to adapt messages/ tone of voice to the differing audiences and quickly build rapport with business partners – Strong PowerPoint and excel skills is a must.
- Possess strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multitasking abilities
- Demonstrate a good balance of initiative to progress matters or escalate if required
- Be a collaborative team player and prepared to go above and beyond in the interests of our customers and stakeholders
- Be proactive and forward planning, with the ability to work autonomously
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
- Display exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to encourage creative thinking
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and results-driven environment while maintaining a calm and confident approach
- Basic finance skills to support the development of annual budgets, tracking, and monthly reporting
This is an excellent opportunity for a high achiever who is eager to learn and grown within Human Resources Function. The role will provide an excellent opportunity to shadow the Senior Human Resources Leadership Team and learn how critical decisions are made at senior levels within the function. The role provides the successful individual with the unique opportunity to see how the entire function operates end to end in support of the business agenda i.e., how the Centers of Expertise in Reward, Talent Management and Leadership work alongside the business facing HR Business Partners and Labour Relations team to help attract, recruit, develop and retain our people.
This role is designed as a developmental growth opportunity and the successful candidate is expected to stay in the role for 2 to 3 years and progress into roles of increasing responsibility within the function (based on performance) creating an opportunity for another great talent to be grow and develop.
Please Note: This is a hybrid role with flexibility to from home two days a week in the first 6 months (3 days a week thereafter).
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- A hybrid work model that embraces remote work for eligible roles, helping team members achieve work-life balance—combining the best of both spending time working remotely, benefitting from focus time, and purposeful collaboration in the office setting.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com.