PRODUCTION WORKER, Lethbridge AB
Maple Leaf Foods is hiring for our 6:00AM and 7:30AM shifts!
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods? #mlfs
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,000 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Maple Leaf Foods, Lethbridge Pork, focuses in quick-chilled specialty pork cuts for the markets of Japan and Singapore. The plant processes approximately 1,500 hogs per day for one 8-hour shift. It operates year-round, five days per week, processing the best pork in the world.
The Production Worker full-time position is responsible for performing packaging, clean-up and other elemental activities related to food processing.
What's in it for you?
- Feed cartons into machines.
- Check and weigh materials and/or product.
- Manually pack product into bags, cartons, or other containers.
- Remove finished goods cartons from conveyer and place on pallets.
- Check products and packaging for basic quality defects.
- Salary: Up to $23.05/hr (includes starting rate of $16.20 + production bonus potential)
- Retention bonus payable in December of up to $1,000.00 for production
- Opportunity for overtime
- Benefits available approximately 3 months after start date
- Perks and discounts on entertainment, travel, attractions, shopping, sports and more
- All PPE is provided to employees (hard hat, boots, jacket, etc.)
- Shifts do not rotate
- Support of a union
- Highly automated and fast paced learning environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
COVID-19 Safety Measures:
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination prior to the commencement of employment. We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.
Application can be made online or submit resume in person at 4141 1st Ave South Lethbridge.