Maple Leaf Foods is hiring for a Millwright!
What's in it for you?
- Earn $36.29 per hour
- Opportunity for overtime
- Dental, health and pension plan
- Perks such as market day of our products, BBQs, celebration days and giveaways
- All PPE is provided to employees (hard hat, boots, jacket, etc.)
- Support of a union
- Fast paced learning environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
You must be legally eligible to work and currently residing in Canada.
As part of Maple Leaf Food’s Maintenance team, the individual will be responsible for maintaining and servicing equipment used in the facility for the daily production of our products. Furthermore, they will ensure safe plant operations and a safe working environment for all employees.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Perform wide variety of maintenance duties including trouble-shooting, fabrication, preventative maintenance and emergency repairs with minimum supervision.
- Enhance equipment performance, recommend and implement improvements.
- Self-motivated to perform to high standards.
- Sense of urgency, attention to detail and ownership in quality of work.
- Work from drawing, written or verbal instruction and sketches.
- Safety-focus and deliver results to support production process.
- Proficiency in computerized maintenance manage systems (SAP preferred)
- Understand and carry out preventive maintenance procedures.
- Must supply own tools.
- Ensure all job-related operations are in compliance with GMP's, HACCP, WHMIS and health & safety requirements.
What You’ll Bring:
- Previous experience and knowledge of packaging, cooking, breading and forming equipment desired
- Required license or certification:
- 433A Millwright Certificate
- High school or equivalent
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.