What's in it for you?
You must be legally eligible to work and currently residing in Canada.
Semi Skilled and Skilled Workers:
- Salary: Up to $20.94 to start
- Afternoon and night shift premiums available
- Day, afternoon, and overnight shifts available
- Opportunity for overtime
- Benefits available approx. 2 months after start date
- Pension after 2 years of continuous service
- Progression wage increases
- Perks and discounts on entertainment, travel, attractions, shopping, sports and more
- All PPE is provided to employees (hard hat, boots, jacket, etc.)
- Shifts do not rotate
- Support of a union
- Highly automated and fast paced learning environment
- Opportunities for growth and training development
- Trans Cab Service and Conventional Bus Service is provided through HSR
The Semi-Skilled position is responsible for operating single-function machines to process and package meat products
- Set up and adjust single-function processing and packaging machines preparatory to operation
- Enables the movement of product from one position/location to another using power equipment; Inspects/weighs product; Operates equipment and makes some decisions and some troubleshooting involved
- Monitor machines for proper operation watching for jammed materials, defects or other irregularities
- Operate single function machines required to process or package food products
- Check products for defects and to ensure conformance to company standards and perform corrective machine adjustments as necessary
- Participate in continuous improvement programs, meetings, etc.
- Understand and comply with basic food safety principles
- Other duties as assigned
COVID-19 Safety Measures:
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination prior to the commencement of employment. We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.