Maple Leaf Foods is looking for a Communications (Networking) Analyst that will provide remote support to our various locations as well as local support to locations in the GTHA. We are a dynamic environment that works with various forms of networking and computing technology. The role will not only encompass support of day-to-day operations but project work as well. If you are chosen as our new analyst, you will work not only on or network but also our plant systems that utilize virtualized compute environments. Most of our systems support our manufacturing plants and our key areas of effort around these facilities. This role will be based out of our Hamilton, Ontario facility with travel to various other Ontario facilities. This role requires access to a reliable transportation to travel between facilities.
If you love networking, infrastructure, engaging with people to come up with solutions this is a great opportunity for you!
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
An example of what your week could look like:
- Working with the ticket captain on support issues
- Driving into one of our manufacturing locations to install new equipment in a server room
- Attending meetings to plan out a maintenance tasks where we deploy new and exciting features to our network
- Working other teams to help them with their support issue
What will you do?
- Provide excellent customer service through the execution of network technical projects and support operations that are designed to increase the business effectiveness of the Maple Leaf Foods infrastructure.
- Occasional travel to locations in GTHA including our new facility in London to provide support to projects as well as day to day support
- Support routine operations and problem resolution of network related issues. This will include the following network technologies
- Local area networks across different locations in Canada, USA and Asia
- Wide area networks that connect our locations together
- Wireless infrastructure used by employees and guests
- VoIP based communications systems such as MS Teams and Cisco Unified Call Manager
- Assist in the support of SDWAN related projects.
- Monitor and support networking protocols across multi-regions, Infrastructure (DHCP, DNS, switching, routing, etc.)
- Monitor, manage the capacity of the network infrastructure through network utilization, QoS, IP allocation, port density, etc
- Help maintain an optimal network environment though data close cabling and asset inventory.
- Adhere to Infrastructure architecture governance and standards.
- Provide infrastructure analysis as required
What You’ll Bring:
The successful applicant will possess a job experience in the data LAN/WAN networking field as well as a diploma, certificate, or degree in an Information Technology related program. We are also looking for 2 years work experience actively supporting a data network.
- Strong understanding of Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking knowledge
- Eagerness to participate in the troubleshooting of security, networking, and application issues
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, and have a passion for problem solving and digging in to find the root cause of
- Design and quickly implement solutions
- Knowledge of Cisco, HPE Aruba, Meraki or another network technology
- Strong technical aptitude, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication preferred
- Experience in supporting a Windows PCs/Stations
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- A hybrid work model that embraces remote work for eligible roles, helping team members achieve work-life balance—combining the best of both spending time working remotely, benefitting from focus time, and purposeful collaboration in the office setting.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.