The Area Supply works in the Packaging department. He/she works in a fast-paced food manufacturing environment, responsible for the supply and transfer of product for the Production lines and other food processing activities. This person has direct impact on the efficiency of our operation and contributes daily to the quality of our products.
• Contributes to a healthy work environment, while maintaining high food safety and health
and safety standards
• Checks and weighs materials, ingredients and/or product
• Responsible for inventory, and various SAP functions (Goods issue, receipt and reversal)
• Maintain organization of coolers and freezers with product ensuring that product is being
removed based on best before dates (oldest product first)
• Uses hoist to unload and transfer product, supplies production line, records all transferred
product in monitoring form
• CCP Monitoring for the cooking and chilling processes (loading and offloading product from
the oven, transferring to the shower, then to designated rooms)
• Assists in the receiving of deliveries of product
• Moves and lifts skids, tanks and combos
• Works on the production line when necessary
• Takes action to correct any issues and to make improvements
• Maintains productivity that meets/exceeds standards
• Dedicated to creating a high quality product that consistently meets product specifications
• Contributes to the team and the whole facility in a positive way
• Other responsibilities as required
REQUIRED SKILLS, ABILITY & EXPERIENCE:
• Able to work in a fast-paced work environment with repetitive tasks
• Able to stand and walk throughout the shift
• Able to perform repetitive lifting and shovelling
• Able to lift up to 25kgs
• Can work well in a team environment and support fellow team members
• Must have a valid BT license, or be willing to obtain one
• Good communication skills, able to speak and read English
• Punctual, reliable and responsible
You must be legally eligible to work and currently residing in Canada.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of work. We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.