The Ventilation Specialist position is primarily an on-farm role and works with the Hog Barn Managers to ensure all our facilities ventilation systems are optimized to their full potential to create the best possible environment for our animals. This position reports to Manager, Projects and Property.
A SNAPSHOT OF SOME OF THE EXCITING THINGS YOU WILL DO:
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Will conduct visits to all sites Farrow to Finish on a routine basis in the MLAF system
- Will review all ventilation and alarm settings at all sites Farrow to Finish on each routine visit and make corrections as required
- Complete a Site Visit Report at each visit
- Complete work orders as assigned in SAP Maintenance
- Capital Projects as assigned, creating scope of work, obtaining vendor quotes, review floor plans and make recommendations for new builds and renovations.
- Provide on farm training with all employees as required and assist in developing training tools to facilitate employee learning
- Work with MLAF equipment suppliers and solicit training as needed to ensure employees knowledge is kept up to date
- Be a production resource for troubleshooting ventilation issues
- At least 3 years of proven hog production experience
- Excellent understanding and experience of managing ventilation systems to create an optimal pig environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good computer skills
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Self-Motivated with excellent organizational skills
- Experience in SAP considered an asset
- Valid Driver’s License
The successful applicant will be required to provide satisfactory documentation of being fully vaccinated (two doses) as a condition of employment
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.