A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging.We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is looking for a dynamic business & category marketing professional. The Marketing Manager- Further Processed Poultry will lead the commercialization of their assigned category, providing expert knowledge of brand and consumers interactions, channel development and consumer communications campaigns with a diverse product portfolio. Further Processed Poultry includes our Prime, Schneiders and Deli Express branded chicken wings, chicken nugget and frozen meal solutions businesses. The successful candidate will be a balance between a commercially driven business professional and a consumer-focused marketing leader with a track record of success delivering profitable growth.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Lead and work collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders to deliver identified business objectives and marketing initiatives that drive brand strategy, channel growth and share targets for assigned category.
- Accountable for the complete financial management and targets of the entire category reporting on a weekly and monthly basis
- Responsible for category specific brand management and communication
- Lead annual strategic category business reviews & planning process
- Lead end-to-end commercialization of new product development, innovation and renovation from concept generation through to in-market execution.
- Conduct monthly analysis on business performance leveraging Nielsen, internal data sources and consumer insights to identify a course of action to achieve targets.
- Work with Sales to understand and execute against specific customer strategies or tactics.
- Monitor competitor pricing, promotion and distribution activities and inform plans.
- Collaborate with Finance & Revenue Management on pricing strategies to deliver target profitability
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing with 5+ years Sales or Marketing experience in a CPG organization preferred.
Experience managing a large and complex business with proven success in market.
Proven track record in product commercialization from concept through market execution.
A creative thinker with a passion for Marketing, an appetite to learn and challenge the status quo.
An effective team player with well-developed people skills demonstrated through a proven ability to successfully navigate and influence a complex organization.
Strong communicator who can take complex problems and communicate effectively with a variety of audiences to achieve desired outcomes
Excellent project management skills with the ability to anticipate potential issues, keen attention to detail and superior organizational skills.
Must be proactive and performance driven, have a bias for action and be able to work under pressure in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
Commercial Acumen and P&L Management – Solid understanding of key drivers of the P&L with ability to recommend changes required to move the business forward.
Critical Thinking and Insights – Able to analyze and draw conclusions from internal & external data sources demonstrated through building, tracking, and course correcting business plans to achieve targets.
Agility and Effectiveness – Able to stay focused on driving key business priorities in a dynamic business environment.
Sales Knowledge and Connectivity – Demonstrate understanding of customer strategies and motivations and applies accordingly to marketing planning process & initiative execution.
Leadership and Influence – Skilled in mobilizing and motivating cross functional teams to achieve commercial objectives.
Strategic Leadership – Demonstrate big picture thinking with an ability to clearly articulate a strategic direction, justified with sound fact-based rationale. Sells ideas and recommendations through to management convincingly.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com.