DZ Truck Driver (Permanent, Full-Time)
$25.61/hour after 6 months of employment
- Leading Consumer Protein Company
- Essential business through COVID-19
- Part-Time and Full-Time Permanent Positions Available
- Competitive Wages
- Pension & Benefit Opportunities
- Paid time off
- $1000 RETENTION BONUS!
Now is a very exciting time to join the Maple Leaf family. Maple Leaf Foods is located in Hanover, ON and presently employees approximately 140 employees between our farms and hatchery. Currently, the Hanover Hatchery has the ability to hatch approximately 900,000 chicks per week. Our work includes everything from receiving the eggs from our farms to distributing chicks to many growers across the province. As an egg gatherer, you would be responsible for the collection of eggs at the barn. You may be handling up to 16,000 eggs per day. The eggs gathered will be transported to our hatchery where they will be incubated and then hatched into chicks. The chicks are then distributed to growers across the province. It is important that you understand that we are an agricultural facility and therefore you will be handling live animals.
Maple Leaf Foods is looking for an experienced DZ driver with both automatic and standard transmission experience. The delivery driver is responsible for ensuring a timely and safe delivery of product to customer locations while providing professional service in a team-oriented environment. The delivery driver is also responsible for coordinating the unload with hands-on support in collaboration with a delivery helper.
SHIFT: Full-time Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
*Must be available on Wednesdays and Saturdays if needed
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Safe transportation of product to customer locations
- Completing circle check, log books, and other regulatory requirements including truck maintenance
- Manual loading and unloading of product according to plant and customer specifications
- Collaborating with various teams throughout the day
- Provide direction and guidance to Delivery Helper to meet customer requirements
- Supporting training needs for new hires as an overall team
- Following all procedures (e.g. biosecurity, HACCP, CHEQ)
- Positive customer interactions
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have valid minimum DZ license or equivalent with clean driver’s abstract
- Must have 3-5 years driving experience with a D license or equivalent
- Demonstrated commitment to safe work practices
- Must understand and follow all Animal Welfare/HACCP/Biosecurity procedures (Training will be provided)
- Proven ability in current position (attendance included)
- Willing and able to work flexible hours, including some Wednesdays and weekends as required (e.g. early starts and/or late end times
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to complete work without supervision
- Able to work in extreme weather hot or cold
- Must be in good physical condition – able to lift up to 50 lb. overhead repetitively
- Delivery experience an asset
- Familiarity with delivery routes an asset
If you are willing to step into a new and exciting career, please submit send your resume and cover letter via:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods has an accommodation process for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability need during your employment, please contact the local HR representative. Our accommodation policy can be provided upon request and in accessible format.