Customer Fulfillment Manager - US
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
This individual has ownership of the supply chain relationship with key customers and is aligned to a commercial Customer Business Team. Specifically, this role will manage the process and costs within the US supply chain network, the Supply Chain portion of launches, and leading collaboration with specified customers. The mandate of the individual will be to ensure both service and on time delivery targets are met and support of our US Sales team to deliver rapid US growth. Finally, this individual will be responsible for score-carding and providing root cause and corrective action in regards any fulfillment challenges faced.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Ownership of all US Supply Chain execution, in coordination with the functional supply chain department leads across MLF.
- Own relationship with supply chain leads at several customers, as it pertains to order fulfillment process.
- Monitoring and engagement in issue resolution to fulfill US orders and deliveries.
- Weekly monitoring, review and assessment of US forecasts, supply levels, supply positioning and production planning to meet future US orders.
- Lead Weekly Scrum with relevant stakeholders to measure performance on agreed to KPI’s, address supply or delivery issues
- Weekly review of US inventory levels (aging and constrained) in order to eliminate OCD by working closely with sales and customers to move all stock prior to distressed sales.
- Review performance and profitability of US distribution network and customer mix and lead changes to improve efficiency, lower cost or drive improved performance.
- Work with the director, Supply Chain Fulfillment to provide input and supply chain stewardship to ensure successful launch of new items and customers in the U.S. marketplace.
- Co-ordination of multiple internal functions to accomplish the above.
- Own both the external customer and internal sales team relationships by being the primary point of contact representing the end to end supply chain for MLF.
- Lead monthly reviews of Customer Metrics or Scorecards with Sales Leads, Brokers, and Customer’s Supply Chain
- Works in tandem with the Demand Planning manager to review order vs forecast variance including closely monitoring draws against new launches.
- Closely monitors KPI’s and trends to put root cause and corrective action in place to ensure flawless execution
- Works with transportation team to measure and discuss actions ensure that transportation carriers exceed target expectations.
- Support Category Sales Development for USA Customers/SKUs, which includes alignment with Sales VP on priorities and allocations
- Ensure deployment planners and supply planners are knowledgeable of US business and helps with setting appropriate inventory targets and replenishment frequency.
- Identify and mitigate possible supply constraints directly with supply planners
- Ensure effective and timely communication of supply concerns or opportunities with all stakeholders.
- Collaborates with Sales, Supply Planning & Specialty Sales to proactively mitigate Distressed Sales.
- Be informed of customs compliances processes and engage when required.
- Works closely with Customs Compliance when issues arise
- Support the introduction of innovation by reviewing product logistics specifications and ensuring product design meets logistics requirements for storage and delivery to customer expectations.
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
- 2-3 years’ experience in a supply chain leadership role
- 7-10 years of demand forecasting, inventory planning and order management experience
- Character traits that include Drive for results, Courage to take bold steps, Collaboration evident in past work
- Previous experience negotiating and collaborating with the manager and director level at the customer
- Exceptional ability to provide decisive leadership while influencing others
- Thorough knowledge of Supply Chain management principles
- Strong knowledge of US Logistics / 3PL providers
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
- Superior organization skills with the ability to manage multiple competing projects
- Excellent communication skills (listening, oral and written)
- Must be externally focused and have a strong bias for action
- Highly motivated to succeed, meeting both MLF and customer expectations
- Advanced Computer Skills in Microsoft Office, Excel, SAP
- Post-Secondary Education in a related field, preferably in business.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.