Sales Co-op - Sobeys National Deli and Grocery
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
This role offers the opportunity to develop an understanding of account business development in CPG through actively supporting the Sales function of the organization within the Sobeys Customer Business Team.
- Develop an understanding of the internal workings of a top tier CPG company through supporting cross functional processes and communication (Field Sales, Marketing, Category Sales Development, Demand Planning, Revenue Management)
- Build analytical capabilities through completing and maintaining sales reports and sales information requests for customer team for weekly, monthly, and/or quarterly tracking requirements
- Support and/or lead information requests by leveraging customer data to deliver key insights and recommendations
- Learn the Sales/4P fundamentals by working closely with account managers/representatives on key strategic initiatives
- Develop a deep understanding of promotional fundamentals through the execution of internal and external processes associated with weekly feature activity
- Develop fact-based story-telling skills by assisting the customer business team with the development of customer presentations (product launches, business plan/reviews, promotions, merchandising, pricing, etc.)
- Leverage a deep understanding of internal and external processes to provide value-added recommendations to the customer business team and customer(s)
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development
What you will bring:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Working towards completion of a university degree, preferably in Business and/or MBA
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Strong analytical skills; ability to gain and communicate key insights
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Highly organized, fact-based and detail oriented
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Ability to develop strong working relationships within the team as well as across cross functional units
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.