Afternoon Sanitation (Full-time)
70 Heritage Drive, New Hamburg Ontario
Now is a very exciting time to join the Maple Leaf family. Maple Leaf Foods is located in New Hamburg, ON and presently employees approximately 120 employees between our farms and hatchery. Our work includes everything from production and gathering of hatching eggs to incubation and delivery of chicks to customers across the province. It is important that you understand that we are an agricultural facility and therefore you will be handling live animals.
This is a full-time position working the afternoon shift.
The successful applicants will be responsible for:
REQUIRED SKILL AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Clean & disinfect hatchery areas after hatch
- Able to work varying & flexible hours until job complete
- Able to do physical labour
- Commitment to working as part of a team
- Work in a 4-person rotation: Separator, Chick Room, Third-person, and Hatcher Tops
- Duties also include end of hatch shift clean-up, garbage room, and extras
- Potential for help in other departments as needed
- Other duties as assigned
To be successful in this position, you must:
- Must be capable of standing for long periods
- Must be capable of lifting 40lbs. repetitively
- Must be able to work in a wet/humid environment
- Must be able to follow SOP’S & schedules.
- Must adhere to all HACCP and Health & Safety requirements
- Ability to start and finish shifts according to supervisor direction
If you are willing to step into a new and exciting opportunity, please submit send your resume and cover letter via:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods has an accommodation process for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability need during your employment, please contact your local HR representative. Our accommodation policy can be provided upon request and in accessible format.