HR Services Coordinator
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
The HR Services Coordinator will be responsible for providing administrative support for the HR Services department. This role is the point of contact for all SAP HR related questions and the second level support for the SAP Manager Self-Service (MSS) portal. Additionally, the incumbent will be responsible for the accurate and timely management of SAP HR data, conducting audits to identify, resolve or prevent errors and inaccurate data, and generate reports as required. Accountable for delivering consistent and high-quality customer service, the HR Services Coordinator will also provide general HR administration support and counsel to the business related to HR programs and processes, in adherence to service level standards; proactively identifying and providing process improvement recommendations to management.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- General administration of HR programs and services in accordance with standard operating procedures and service level agreements established with the HR Centres of Excellence (COEs)
- Accurately and efficiently respond to inquiries regarding HR systems, policies, programs and administrative procedures using case management system software; escalating to HR COEs when necessary
- Ensure HR systems data integrity, resolve issues and make recommendations for process improvements as necessary
- Maintain accurate documentation for HR processes including Process Flows/SLAs/Work Instructions/Dashboards, and others as required.
- Perform HR systems maintenance, audits and relevant reporting in accordance to plans and established guidelines
- Support HR Services execution activities in accordance to plans and established guidelines
- Identify and implement general process improvements
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Demonstrated customer service focus with ability to forge partnerships within the business
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team in a collaborative manner
- Ability to handle information with accuracy, security and confidentiality
- Exceptional organizational skills and a proven ability to work under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with capability to adapt to audience needs
- Detail-oriented and organized to perform audits and validations
- Ability to handle multiple priorities while delivering effective results within tight timelines
- Demonstrated initiative and sound judgment for effective decision making
- Bilingual in French and English is an asset
- Post-secondary degree with a concentration in Business Administration or Human Resources preferred
- 1 to 2 years of working experience in Human Resources
- CHRP/CHRL designation is preferred
- Proficient use of MS Office applications with focus in Excel, and Web-based applications
- HRIS systems knowledge (SAP) and applications (ESS/MSS) preferred
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.