A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Export Planner will be responsible for the daily management and coordination of out of country shipments.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Daily management and coordination of shipments
- Engage with Company stakeholders to create and improve the process
- Prepare, create, coordinate out of country specific export documents
- Prepare and publish reports as requested
- Co-ordinate and verify accuracy of documentation
- Prepare documentation required to facilitate shipment from the Company to export customers and plants, ensuring Canadian export regulations and specific requirements of importing country are met
- Providing oversight and process expertise for the Company and identify process improvements
- Work in conjunction with QA and CFIA to prepare export documentation; Annex H, Health Certificates
- Provide oversight and material control to the physical labeling process on the production line each day export is produced
- Ensure pallets are properly staged prior to CFIA inspection to ensure that all materials have been stamped with proper Health Certificate AGR references
- Organize outbound shipments with support from Transportation
- Manage all exceptions that arise through the export process to drive down cost and create efficiencies
- Obtain final signoff from CFIA of export documentation and present export packages to the carrier
- Track out of country shipment status and manage the release or hold of product with MLF Heritage QA team
- Provide training on the export process to cross functional departments.
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Customer service skills
- 3 – 5 years related experience
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office (Excel)
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work as a team with all functional areas to support a common goal
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Environment - Meat Processing Plant
- Volume & Complexity of Work - Moderate complexity/multiple deadlines, priority conflicts
- Travel Requirements - Minimal to None
- Physical Requirements - Little physical effort
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.