As part of Maple Leaf Food’s Maintenance team, the individual will be responsible for maintaining and servicing equipment used in the facility for the daily production of our products. Furthermore, they will ensure safe plant operations and a safe working environment for all employees.
The successful applicant must:
- Perform wide variety of maintenance duties including trouble-shooting, fabrication, preventative maintenance and emergency repairs with minimum supervision.
- Enhance equipment performance, recommend and implement improvements.
- Self-motivated to perform to high standards.
- Sense of urgency, attention to detail and ownership in quality of work.
- Work from drawing, written or verbal instruction and sketches.
- Safety-focus and deliver results to support production process.
- Proficiency in computerized maintenance manage systems (SAP preferred)
- Understand and carry out preventive maintenance procedures.
- Must supply own tools.
- Ensure all job-related operations are in compliance with GMP's, HACCP, WHMIS and health & safety requirements.
- Available for overtime opportunities,
- Engaged team member, comfortable and proactive communicating with all personnel across departments.
- Engaged in the dynamics of the department.
- Some heavy lifting.
- Work in variable temperatures.
- Wages $33.47 per hour
- Required experience:
- Previous experience and knowledge of packaging, cooking, breading and forming equipment desired
- Required license or certification:
- 433A Millwright Certificate
- Required education:
- High school or equivalent
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com
or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.