Be Part of Something Big!
At Maple Leaf Foods, we are proud of our company, our products and our role in providing safe, great tasting, nutritious food to help nurture people’s potential during every meal of the day. Our values-based culture, our passionate people and our clear vision to be the most sustainable protein company on earth makes us an exciting place to work!
We value a culture and work environment that keeps people safe, rewards excellence and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
That’s our passion. What’s yours?
Reporting to the Distribution Supervisor, the Shipper is responsible for ensuring that all orders are filled and shipped out as per the customer requirements while following Maple Leaf safety and quality standards. This position unloads trucks using a forklift or powerjack and places the subsequent product at its specific location as well as loads trucks with product and wraps the pallets before loading.
What you need to know:
The working conditions involved in this job are:
- Previous shipping experience is an asset
- Speak, read and write English
- Ability to conduct mathematical equations
- Physically capable of heavy lifting (25 kg)
- Ability to work within colder temperatures
- Work well within a team environment
- Capable of frequent bending
- Unionized environment
- Must follow all safety procedures while working
- Must be a self-starter, with the ability to work with minimal supervision
Colder environment, freezer jacket is provided to be worn while working. Exposure to outdoor environment when verifying trailer arrival and temperatures
Rate of pay:
$23.01 / hour, plus $0.60 night shift premium
Hours of Work:
Hours will be from 6:30pm - 3:00am, Monday – Friday
with potential for overtime
Phone: (780) 417 – 4223
Fax: (780) 464 – 2713