Lead Hand - Chickroom (Full-time – Day Shift)
70 Heritage Drive, New Hamburg Ontario
Now is a very exciting time to join the Maple Leaf family. Maple Leaf Foods is located in New Hamburg, ON and presently employees approximately 120 employees between our farms and hatchery. Our work includes everything from production and gathering of hatching eggs to incubation and delivery of chicks to customers across the province. It is important that you understand that we are an agricultural facility and therefore you will be handling live animals.
This is a fulltime, Monday – Friday position with fluctuating start times.
The successful applicants will be responsible for:
REQUIRED SKILL AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Support the Chick Room Supervisor in:
- Planning and coordinating chick room production operations
- Responsible for daily record keeping & staffing needs
- Providing day to day direction to chick room and delivery staff.
- Monitoring and analyzing production results and making recommendations and / or adjustments as necessary
- Scheduling daily production and chick deliveries
- Working with Chick/Procurement Planning Supervisor, Egg Supply Coordinator and Chick Placement Coordinator to meet customer requests
- Monitoring chick quality at all stages
- Supporting the implementation of annual business plan
- Communicating and supporting HACCP, Health & Safety and other legislated requirements
- Promoting positive employee relations
- Directing and working with setter cleaning team (Rotating on Wednesday)
- Monitoring various departments
- Leading by example with regards to Leadership Values, Health & Safety, and Quality
- Other duties as assigned
To be successful in this position, you must:
- Strong leadership ability
- 2-3 years previous lead hand experience
- Must understand and follow all HACCP/Animal Welfare/Biosecurity procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Strong Oral and written communication skills
- Good mathematical skills
- Desire and initiative to excel with the organization
- Proven ability in current position (attendance included)
- Related department experience
- Computer skills
- First aid training
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
If you are willing to step into a new and exciting opportunity, please submit send your resume and cover letter via:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods has an accommodation process for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability need during your employment, please contact your local HR representative. Our accommodation policy can be provided upon request and in accessible format.