Maple Leaf Foods is looking for an ambitious DZ licensed individual with minimum of 1 year commercial driving experience. The delivery helper is responsible to support full-time drivers on ensuring a timely and safe delivery of product to customer locations, while providing professional service in a team-oriented environment. The Delivery Helper/Backup Driver is also responsible to train and learn the full-time driving position in order to support driving needs.
SHIFT: Full-time Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri
*Must be available on Wednesdays and Saturdays if needed
The Delivery Helper/Backup Driver is responsible for ensuring a timely and safe delivery of product to customer locations while providing professional service in a team-oriented environment
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Manual loading and unloading of product according to plant and customer specifications
- Collaborating with various teams throughout the day
- Working in other departments as needed
- Supporting training needs for new hires as an overall team
- Other duties as assigned
ADDITIONAL SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES (BACKUP DRIVER)
- Safe transportation of product to customer locations
- Completing circle check, log books, and other regulatory requirements including truck maintenance
- Maintain valid DZ license
- Provide direction and guidance to Driver Helper to meet customer requirements
- Must have valid minimum DZ license or equivalent with clean driver’s abstract
- Must have 1 years driving experience with a D license or equivalent
- Shipping experience an asset
- Must be able to work in a wet/humid environment
- Agricultural background is considered an asset
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to work varying & flexible hours until job complete
- Must be in good physical condition - able to lift up to 50 lb. overhead repetitively
- Delivery experience an asset
- Must be able to follow SOP’S & schedules
- Must adhere to HACCP requirements
- Must have great interpersonal skills
WHY Maple Leaf Foods, New Hamburg?
- Training provided where needed
- Reputable company
- Competitive wages
- Benefits & Pension
- Small, team-oriented environment
- Strong focus on internal advancement
Please email email@example.com or fax 519-662-3637 with a copy of your resume to be considered.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.