Reporting to the Supervisor, Feed Planning, the incumbents will be responsible for forecasting, planning and scheduling feed production in conjunction with coordinating with transportation.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will do:
- Act as a Master Production Planner to plan and process hog feed requirements for internal hog operations
- Coordinate with Feed Manufacturing to collaborate on meeting daily production targets
- Coordinate with Feed Transportation to ensure that production and transportation are in balance.
- Maintain internal customer relationships with Hog Barn Managers
- Maintain planning databases and SAP logistical information
- Create/manage process orders for feed production
- Create shipping documents, and process transactions
- Maintain prescription records for feed prescriptions
- Assist with period end processes as required
- Provide administrative support where required
Note: The intent of this list of Job Duties and Key Accountabilities is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned.
What you will bring:
- Post-secondary education in Logistics, Agriculture or related discipline considered an asset
- Preference is for formal APICS certification or equivalent formal training
- Two years of related experience in logistics and/or Inventory control or Inventory Planning role preferably in an SAP environment. Strong understanding of work in process systems.
- Strong customer focus with interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to communicate (written and oral) and work efficiently with all operations
- Ability to work under pressure and handle several complex tasks simultaneously
- Must possess excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS excel and database management. SAP experience will be considered an asset.
- An ability to live and teach our Maple Leaf Leadership values
- Equivalent combinations of education, experience and training will be considered