Sr. VMI Analyst
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
As a member of the Supply Chain Fulfillment Team, the Sr. VMI Analyst is the single point of contact for the forecasting, replenishment and delivery process for an assigned customer and business unit. This individual will be responsible for forecasting Customer to Distribution Centre (DC) shipments by week. The Sr. VMI Analyst is also responsible for managing a customer’s distribution center inventory in order to support store outbound shipments. The Sr. VMI Analyst manages the customer relationship and works with cross-functional peers to determine customer order requirements and execute the customer order to delivery process. Additional responsibilities include managing customer orders through monitoring draws versus forecast, trouble-shooting and resolving delivery failures, executing against order programs and policy, managing customer penalty deductions through investigation, and working with the customer to reverse and correct root cause
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Engage as the single point of contact with the customer by forging a strong relationship with the customers replenishment and merchandising teams, gaining insights into their replenishment processes.
- Collaborate with Demand Planning, Sales and Customer Merchandising to establish baseline forecast in SAP APO in order to work through any order to forecast variances.
- Submit changes for approval and update IBP for replenishment needs for feature changes inside three weeks
- Manage customer inventory levels, considering both baseline and feature volumes.
- Create customer replenishment orders that align to MLF’s Order Policy, including truckload building, minimum order quantity, unitization and delivery management.
- Key contact for communication to Buyer for order management activities, logistics and inventory flow challenges for all day-to-day activities with the assigned account(s).
- Manage requests for customer claims and returns, balancing customer requirements with day-to-day business objectives, which includes validation of claims, customer negotiation, and holding plants/distribution accountable to address root cause along with escalating issues that are not quickly resolved or are on-going.
- Proactively highlight excess inventory levels for Sales and hold them accountable to create a sell through plan to mitigate distress sales
- Monitor and evaluate risk of execution against key promotional activity with customer
- Look for opportunities to improve processes while participating in projects/process to resolve short and long-term customer issues or initiatives.
- Determine sku listing recommendations based on inventory management movement
- Ensure target level outbound fill rates are achieved while maximizing customer inventory turns.
- Minimize distress levels both at the Customer’s DCas well as MLF’s DC
- Maintain Customer DC to store level forecast including associated CVC’s and assigning appropriate forecasting models via SAP APO.
- Maintain customer material numbers in the replenishment book and account SOPs.
- Maintenance of key customer inbound and outbound fill rate performance scorecards to track service performance.
- Maintain specific department or customer objectives for the assigned account and monitoring through the Key Account scorecard.
- Responsible for the customer relationship for assigned key account(s).
- Responsible for monitoring customer orders against policy.
- Ensure that inventory allocations are executed accurately; customers are drawing to forecast on features.
- Accountability and strong management of claims related to assigned accounts.
- Share knowledge with the team and document lessons learned.
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Strong alignment with Maple Leaf Foods Leadership Values
- University Undergraduate Degree, College Diploma or equivalent experience
- 3 to 5 years Supply Chain experience preferred
- Experience in Demand Planning, managing VMI or inventory replenishment activities
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent ability to develop and maintain cross-functional internal and external relationships
- Strong problem solving, prioritization, and organization skills to manage multiple competing tasks
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal (one-on-one and in groups)
- Effective negotiation skills
- Highly detail oriented
- Self-motivated team player - able to be pro-active and work with minimal supervision
- System Knowledge: Proficient in Microsoft Office advanced Excel preferred, and experience in SAP an asset
- Bilingual (English/French) is an asset
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.