COVID-19 Representative - Contract
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to providing a safe working environment for all its team members. The current global pandemic stemming from the COVID-19 virus has necessitated additional procedures to be adopted to maintain this safe environment. The Central Laboratory, located in Puslinch, ON has an opportunity for a candidate to assist with these new procedures.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Successfully complete the Thermal Screening training conducted by our Senior Leadership Team
- Obtain verbal consent prior to obtaining temperature reading from any individual entering the facility at the beginning of every shift.
- Temperatures will be obtained using a “No Touch Thermal Thermometer” at specific entry points as identified by the Senior Leadership Team.
- Screen employees for symptoms of concern, as per our COVID19 Screening Tool
- Privacy and dignity will be respected, and areas of the laboratory will be segregated for this purpose while conducting temperature checks.
- If a temperature of 99.5 F (37.5 degrees Celsius) or higher is recorded, the Site COVID19 Administrator will document this on the Temperature Monitoring Form, the individual will be asked to exit the building premises and encouraged to monitor their symptoms.
- Maintain communication with laboratory management daily.
- The Temperature Monitoring form will be handed to laboratory management each day for validation.
- Assist with disinfection of common areas and high-touch surfaces.
- Conduct audits of COVID-19 procedures to verify compliance.
- Comply with biological safety procedures and chemical hazard mitigation requirements.
- Other duties as required
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
- Healthcare, office administration or security background/experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible with ongoing changes and updates
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to make procedural decisions and judgements involving sensitive and confidential issues under stressful conditions
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.