Sr. Finance Analyst - Pork Operations
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for reporting on the sales function and supporting the optimization team with ad hoc requests and analysis. This position works very closely with the sales optimization team, plants and reporting to accurately reflect and provide detailed insight/explanation of results. In addition, this position plays a key role in the budget process and is involved in various aspects throughout the entire cycle.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Budget process: Coordinate LE and budget reviews for volume and margins with the optimization teams and ensure all required adjustments flow through accurately to reflect budgeted objectives/targets for the Industrial and Intercompany channels and RWA business.
- Vitals Forecasting: Work with optimization to pull together vitals forecasts with analysis versus plan for all channels and buy/sell business. Provide analysis vs. prior forecast and budget at month end.
- Weekly Reporting: Coordinate, prepare and distribute weekly reporting for the value-add industrial channel businesses.
- Month Ends: Review Buy/Sell results and resolve any issues. Ensure sales schedules are accurately reflected (validate that MCR ties to sales data system). Ensure commissions are accurately reflected and shortfalls are accrued. Provide final results to international sales team.
- Quarter Ends: Provide quarter over quarter sales analysis as prescribed by corporate requests. Work with external auditors to provide appropriate responses to queries/requests for additional information/analysis.
- Ad Hoc Reporting/Analysis for Management/Sales Optimization team
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Post-secondary degree in Accounting or Business required
- Accounting Designation or working towards one
- 3 to 5 years of value add analytical experience
- Must strongly demonstrate our Maple Leaf Leadership values
- Must have excellent analysis skills and be a detail-oriented person
- Superior computer skills on Microsoft Excel
- SAP experience an asset
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated personal leadership
- Strong business acumen and critical thinking
- Ability to develop rapport, with all levels of the organization
- Strong numerical comprehension and adeptness at analyzing & interpreting data is essential
- Ability to communicate concisely both verbally & in written form
- Strong writing skills
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.