Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Tray Sealer Reliability Technician is responsible for, but not limited to, day-to-day operation and performance of the Tray Sealer equipment. The Tray Sealer Reliability Technician is overseeing and assisting in the setup of the equipment, addressing performance related issues such as short stops, adjustments and minor repairs. The Tray Sealer Reliability Technician must ensure that all processes meet and sustain corporate compliance requirements and KPI target achievement. S/he will report to the Maintenance Supervisor however will receive direction from the Maintenance Manager on daily work that requires attention.
• Overseeing the day-to-day operation of the tray sealer equipment in the facility
• Ensuring proper setup and startup of equipment
• Monitoring equipment and adjust settings as needed to optimize performance and report any anomalies to the Maintenance Supervisor
• Responsible for inspecting and examining machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions
• Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematic and drawings to determine work procedures and/or order necessary parts.
• Conduct planned preventive & predictive maintenance and keep maintenance records.
• Actively participate in preventive maintenance program on equipment daily by providing recommendations for improvement.
• Able to trouble shoot and perform minor repairs and assisting Millwrights/Electrician in larger repairs
• Actively participate in RCA investigations and monitor effectiveness of action items
• Responsible of Sealing Tool rebuilds and maintenance
• Fulfill all Health and Safety, Food Safety, HACCP. WHIMS, MSDS and BRC policy requirements
• Rely on instructions, manuals and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
• Be flexible, capable, and willing to provide assistance where necessary as required
• Other responsibilities as required
REQUIRED SKILLS, ABILITY & EXPERIENCE:
• Competency in a Windows based environment with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Excel/Word
• Able to communicate clearly and effectively with shop personnel, vendors, OEM suppliers, and management personnel
• Excellent oral and written communication, and computer skills required
• Can work well in a team environment and support fellow team members
• Highly motivated and able to work well with minimal supervision.
• Sense of urgency, attention to detail and ownership in quality of work
• Strong mechanical/electrical aptitude
• Perform internet searches and research efficiently
• Experience in a Food Processing facility would be considered an asset
• Must be available to work moderate overtime including weekends