Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
Maple Leaf Foods Bradford Plant is Hiring!
ASSISTANT SUPERVISOR, DISTRIBUTION
: The Assistant Supervisor, Distribution, is responsible for communicating day to day direction to the department employees, and for providing coverage when required for the Supervisors and Coordinators. This is a great opportunity for the right individual to take a next step in their career towards a Supervisory role.
- Providing supervisory coverage for Saturday shifts
- Temporary backfill of Distribution Supervisors and Distribution Coordinators when required (vacation, illness, vacancy). Flexibility in schedule required.
- Guaranteeing customer satisfaction (both internal and external)
- Assist in all receiving, inventory, picking, and shipping duties
- Ensure completion of all FSQA and Distribution logs, trackers, and audits
- Ensure completion of SAP transactions for designated shift
- Ensuring proper and adequate training of department employees
- Evaluation of department employees
- Coaching and counseling of department employees
- Appropriate communication with internal and external suppliers and customers
- Ensuring a safe work environment through safety awareness, practice, and promotion
- Maintain a standard for daily performance, and identify and communicate efficiencies opportunities
- All other duties as assigned by Management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment (ability to multi-task)
WHY Maple Leaf Foods,
- Strong leadership ability
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Desire and initiative to excel within the organization
- Mechanical aptitude
- Related experience in managing or coaching
- Related department experience (direct or indirect i.e. shipping, reports, etc.)
- Strong mathematical aptitude
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Training provided where needed
• Reputable company
• Competitive Wages
• Opportunities to participate in Benefits and Pension plans
• Great team environment
• Strong focus on internal advancement
• Employee Assistance Program
If interested, please send resume by email to: Elisa.email@example.com or apply to our job posting online.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment.