IS Specialist – Plant Maintenance & Procurement
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
IS Specialist in the SAP Plant Maintenance and Procurement areas with a focus on Asset Reliability, MRO (Maintenance, Repair and Operations) Inventory Management and Procurement. The position will work in collaboration with business stakeholders such as the corporate Asset Reliability Group and Corporate Purchasing teams as well as Information Solution teams to support plant maintenance and procurement activities and projects. Opportunity to work in fast paced environment with a strong focus on innovation and new technologies to realize the corporate business strategy. The analyst will have the opportunity to develop a deep understanding of business processes, implement new processes within SAP S/4HANA, deploy SAP to new facilities and work closely with end users. The working environment will be a mix of local office, remote and travel onsite to facilities.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Responsible for delivery and execution of projects and initiatives related to applications within the Plant Maintenance and Procurement areas
- Participate to innovative projects related to mobility, predictive analytics and IoT.
- Support of SAP business processes by leading workshops, creating functional specifications, performing system configuration, change management, developing and executing test cases, providing training, end user support and resolving tickets
- Develop and maintain project documentation, configuration documentation, standard operating procedures, and other documentation as required during and post system change implementation
- Participate in facility / site deployments and on-site visits with attention toward in-depth understanding of business unit requirements, challenges and issues
- Provide end user training and support onsite at facilities and remotely
- Provision for after-hours emergency support in the event of a priority one incident
- Opportunities to work on other areas such as Food Safety and Quality, Product Development, Heath & Safety and Sustainability.
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience with SAP Plant Maintenance and Procurement modules and business processes is preferred (CPG environment an asset)
- Experience with Mobile solutions and Business Analytics is an asset
- Must have excellent communication skills with both IS and non-technical resources
- Experience leading workshops, defining business process flow, gathering/documenting business requirements, testing and go-live support
- Strong time management and multitasking abilities
- Proven ability to work in collaborative team environments as well as independently
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Quick learner and strong desire to learn new business processes and solutions
- Passionate for new technologies and innovation
- Engineering or similar bachelor’s degree preferred
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.