Customer Supply Chain Representative - Contract
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
As a member of the Customer Supply Chain Team, the Customer Supply Chain Representative (CSCR) is the single point of contact for the order to delivery process for an assigned customer and business unit. The CSCR manages the customer relationship and works with cross-functional peers to execute the customer order to delivery process. Additional responsibilities include: managing customer orders through monitoring draws versus forecast, trouble shooting and resolving delivery failures, executing against order programs and policy, managing customer penalty deductions through investigation and working with the customer to reverse and correct root cause. Additionally, this role will be required to manage allocation of product from our 3PL to our customers, working with transportation on delivery options to minimize cost, and providing concise daily communication to the sales team in regard to fill rate and delivery expectations.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Key contact for Buyer or Broker for orders, logistics and inventory flow challenges for all day-to-day activities with assigned customer and business unit.
- Manages customer communication on any issues related to shipments.
- Collaborate with Transportation to determine the most efficient method to delivery product on time and in full to customers.
- Proactively addresses out-of-stock or product shortage issues through monitoring of product resupplies and timing of outgoing orders
- Support supply and production facilities to make deployment decisions based on direct vs. 3PL requirements.
- Own order management and allocation for Specialty Sales inventory when applicable.
- Manage customer refusals
- Collaborate with Demand Planning, Sales and Customer Merchandising to work through any order to forecast variance.
- Participates in projects/process to resolve short and long-term customer issues or initiatives.
- Continually looks for ways to improve processes with customers in a way that is aligned with policies and procedures and appropriate controls.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with both internal stakeholders and external customers.
- Works in conjunction with Sales and the Fulfillment Director to ensure customer strategic vision and logistical needs are met or exceeded.
- Ad hoc reporting to support processes or process improvements.
- Develop and maintain customer profiles and specific SOP’s.
- Maintenance of key customer fill rate performance scorecards to track service performance.
- Maintain specific department or customer objectives for the assigned account and monitoring through the publication of a daily Key Account scorecard including any corrective actions or next steps being taken to maximize fill rate and on time delivery.
- Responsible for the customer relationship for assigned key account(s).
- Responsible for monitoring customer orders against policy.
- Maintain specific department or customer objectives for the assigned account and monitoring through the Key Account scorecard.
- Ensure that inventory allocations are executed accurately; customers are drawing to forecast on features.
- Accountability and strong management of claims related to assigned accounts.
- Share knowledge with the team and document lessons learned.
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience
- 1 to 3 years Supply Chain experience preferred with strong knowledge of 3rd party logistics and inventory replenishment practices
- Excellent ability to develop and maintain internal and external relationships
- Strong problem solving, prioritization & organization skills with the ability to manage multiple competing tasks
- Ability to excel within a team environment
- Exceptional time management skills
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal (one-on-one and in groups)
- Effective negotiation skills
- Highly detail oriented
- Ability to work through conflict for win/win outcomes -consensus builder and facilitator with high self-knowledge
- Self-motivated team player - able to be pro-active and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to forge partnerships with other areas to drive performance across business and functional lines
- System Knowledge: Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel in particular; experience in SAP an asset
- Strong alignment with Maple Leaf’s Values
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.