A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
Production Supervisor (6 month contract) – Brandon, MB
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
The Production Supervisor plays an integral role within our manufacturing facilities. You will be the coach on the playing field, providing leadership and guidance to our team members. You lead by example and inspire your team to deliver top results. You are passionate about safety and promote a culture where safety comes first. You thrive in an environment that is fast paced and have a keen sense for continuous improvement. Your approach is collaborative and offer a forum where everyone feels comfortable to bring forward new ideas.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
What we have to offer you:
- Provide leadership and direct supervision to hourly production employees in the assigned department
- Manage safe, cost effective and efficient production
- Continuously improve plant manufacturing resources, processes, efficiencies and quality
- Ensure employee safety and overall compliance to Manitoba’s Workplace Health and Safety Act
- Ensure Compliance with all HACCP procedures
- Maintain a positive working relationship with union members
- Administer the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Ensure open and effective communication with both hourly and salaried employees
- Embrace the Maple Leaf Leadership Edge Core Values
- Available to work overtime hours as required
What you will bring:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (ex. General Education Development accreditation)
- Three to five years of supervisory experience, preferably in a manufacturing setting
- Well-developed English communication skills (verbal, written, reading)
- Excellent initiative and leadership skills
- Proven commitment to good manufacturing practices
- Demonstrated ability to exercise effective judgment in business decisions
- Ability to function in a fast-paced production environment
- Knowledge of HACCP and Provincial Health and Safety Regulations is an asset
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.