A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
Supply Chain Inventory, Coordinator
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
The Inventory Coordinator Supply Chain has the direct accountability for ensuring the inventory levels and accuracy, stocking strategies, oversee inventory of ingredients, packaging and commodities, managing risk of obsolescence verses supply shortage, materials and warehousing system at Walker Drive.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
What we have to offer you:
- Manage warehouse inventory and optimize processes along the supply chain
- Reconcile warehouse inventory on a regular basis and do the physical inventory in the warehouse as needed
- Manage the planning of the volumes and coordinate the warehouse needs of production Coordinator,
- Proactively resolve warehouse inventory discrepancy
- Use product and supply chain knowledge to accurately determine warehouse inventory level in SAP system.
- Communicate status of spice at risk for disposition to QA team,
- Out of code inventory management proactively and correctly
- Key processing user of the ERP-system SAP Cycle count inventory
- Maintain accurate information of SOP in the warehouse.
- Assist the team and management with projects and tasks as needed
- Look for and recommend process improvements related to inventory
- Support and reconcile stock transfer movements from plants to 3PL in SAP
- Works towards individual and department Key Performance Indicators (KPIs
- Follow-up and resolve issues as they relate to inventory
- Follows the standard operating procedures for department and ensures internal controls are effective and in place.
- Continuously improve inventory stock level process in supporting Six Sigma methodologies by identifying opportunities and breakthrough thinking.
- Liaise and build a solid trust-based relationship with cross-functional team members including production, customer service, logistics, sales and marketing
- All other duties as assigned.
What you will bring:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Three to five years experience in a distribution environment
- Strong computer skills
- Strong data entry and computer skills with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent organizational skills with deliberate attention to detail
- Excellent comprehension and analytical skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong knowledge of floor operations across all shifts
- Highly proficient in SAP Systems
- Problem solving skills enabling themselves to consider multiple variables and solutions in a time sensitive environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Process thinking-ability to link floor and system processes
- Ability to work in a fast paced office environment (ability to multi-task)
- Strong analytical skills required to gain insights on key shipping Metrics
- Acknowledged as a Role Model/Values Leader in several Leadership Edge Values
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.