A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
HUMAN RESOURCES ADVISOR - WINNIPEG
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
The incumbent is responsible for supporting the delivery of our people strategy within an assigned client group and acts as an employee champion and change agent. This individual will be energetic, results driven and have a strong desire to deliver exceptional client focus partnerships. This role assesses and anticipates our people needs and fully integrates themselves into the plant environment by communicating needs proactively with their cross functional teams. As a true business partner, the incumbent will be responsible for all plant specific HR requirements to a large, fast paced, growth-oriented manufacturing environment with over 1,400 employees.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
What we have to offer you:
- Provide guidance, support and coaching to Managers and frontline Supervisors regarding Human Resources policies, practices and collective bargaining agreement within an assigned client group
- Assist and coach supervisors in determining appropriate corrective action, conflict resolution, and performance management techniques for their employees
- Act as an expert in collective agreement administration in an effort to ensure compliance and administer changes as required
- Work closely with the leadership team and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Monitor and communicate with departments to understand labour requirements
- Track, record and analyze data as it pertains to manpower requirements, HR metrics, grievances etc
- Provide direction and support to staff in such areas as workplace policy, employee legislation, staffing, and current and new systems
- Liaison with Union officials to ensure a harmonious relationship
- Co-ordinate grievance meetings, lead labour management initiatives and prepare documents for Arbitrations
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Investigate and respond to all employee concerns and take steps to resolve issues
What you will bring:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
The successful candidate will be results-oriented, thrive in a fast paced environment, and have the ability to develop positive working relationships with all employees.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Post Secondary Education with HR training
- CHRP designation or evidence of working toward designation would be preferred
- Related experience in a unionized, manufacturing environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft office software (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, changing manufacturing environment
- Ability to take the initiative, analyze and problem solve
- Work with minimal supervision and be active team member
- Flexibility with their shift schedule, based on the business needs
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.