A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
Plant Manager - Bradford
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
This position is accountable for managing the overall results of the Bradford plant from a manufacturing perspective, while strictly adhering to Food Safety and Quality requirements and providing superior customer satisfaction as a lowest cost producer. The Plant Manager is charged to ensure the plant operates using good manufacturing practices, in an environment that is in compliance with health & safety and human resources standards.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
What we have to offer you:
- Accountable for production costs, labour utilization, yield, results of Operations Cost Improvement initiatives and Six Sigma initiatives. Set and meet Six Sigma and OCI Targets.
- Champion Operations Excellent System (OES) including leading key functional pillars to engage people to safely and efficiently deliver great quality products.
- Ensures adherence to the Company’s Food Safety requirements and Good Manufacturing Practices, including the completion of BRC and audit targets.
- Continuously improve the reduction of operating costs using Six Sigma methodology.
- Maintain and build a productive and positive employee relations environment.
- Develops, recommends, and implements Capital Improvement for plant, including the preparation and execution of a Capital Plant budget.
- Responsible for preparing and executing the plant overhead budget, and direct product cost targets.
- Meet or exceed customer service level targets through the synchronization of process/activities with all functional area processes, from demand planning through to the delivery to the customer.
- Manage the performance of the hourly and salaried team through effective implementation of Human Resources processes and policies and all Leadership Edge initiatives.
- Set and meet all Health and Safety targets.
- Support Marketing and Product Development on new product initiatives
- Maintains and applies knowledge through compliance with CFIA, Ministry of Labour, Ministry of Environment, Health and Safety and other legislative bodies that impact plant performance.
- Responsible for adherence to all policies and procedures for Quality Assurance, Food Safety and customer specifications on a day to day basis.
- Recognize, support and commit to the facility food safety and quality assurance promise
What you will bring:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
The successful candidate will be results-oriented, thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment, and have the ability to develop positive working relationships with employees. Candidates must have:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
• Post secondary education in one of the following disciplines: food science, business, engineering, or operations management.
• 5-10 years of experience in a food processing industry.
• 5-7 years’ experience in a management role
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proven decision making ability using various analytical tools (variance reports, downtime analysis, SWOT analysis, Six Sigma metrics, etc.)
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.