Be Part of Something Big!
At Maple Leaf Foods, we are proud of our company, our products and our role in providing safe, great tasting, nutritious food to help nurture people’s potential during every meal of the day. Our values-based culture, our passionate people and our clear vision to be the most sustainable protein company on earth makes us an exciting place to work!
We value a culture and work environment that keeps people safe, rewards excellence and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
That’s our passion. What’s yours?
Reporting to the Maintenance & Sanitation Manager and Maintenance Supervisor, the Millwright is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Trouble shooting/repairs/installations of processing equipment with a working knowledge of electrical to allow efficient repair/replacement results.
- Carry out oral/electronic work requests and apply corrective measures in a timely fashion.
- Have an above average grasp of related mechanical requirements and apply corrective measures.
- Perform preventative maintenance and regular Work Orders and account for inventory and labor. Welding repairs and/or fabrication of equipment parts to Food Safety Standards.
- Extensive mechanical knowledge including power transmission, pneumatics and hydraulics,
- Be able to read and understand mechanical drawings/schematics.
- Machining and fabricating for equipment repair and/or upgrades.
- Welding of equipment or part repair.
- Communicate daily repair activity with Maintenance Team, Production etc.
- Understand and adhere to all plant Food/Health and Safety Polices.
- Input notes, labour hours and parts used into the plant’s SAP computerized maintenance system
- Fulfill all Health and Safety, Food Safety, HACCP, WHIMS, MSDS and BRC and Company policy requirements
We offer competitive compensation and a benefits package within a unionized environment.
- Poultry processing and food production experience an asset
- Able to work shifts on 24 hour/ 7 day week, Rotating Shifts
- Journeyman Red Seal Certificate holder for a minimum of 5 years
- Accustomed to working with an SAP based computerized maintenance and inventory reporting system
- Excellent English both verbal and written skills
- Self-directed / motivated team player open to new technology with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Able to work effectively in a high pressure production environment
- Strength and stamina required to work with heavy equipment weighing in excess of 25 kilograms
- Must have a full compliment of personal/professional hand tools identified specifically for Food Safety program
Please visit our careers page: https://www.mapleleafcareers.com/