Position Title: COVID-19 Representative/Screeners
LENGTH: Contract – 3 Months
Reports To: Human Resources
Location: Saskatoon, SK – McLeod Plant
This role will support all activities relative to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused much uncertainty in the global food manufacturing industry which has shown the need to implement a series of new measures to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission. Besides physical barriers, employee traffic flow modifications and signage communication, there is a need to have a personal connection to link the COVID-19 implementations to the plant employees via COVID-19 Representatives.
Must be able to work full-time hours
Must be able to work all of the following shift times:
|4am - 12:30pm
|3:30am - 8:30am
|3:30am - Noon
|12:30pm - 09:00pm
|9:00pm - 5:30am
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Monitoring flow of employees in non-production areas and respectfully directing employee traffic in congested areas
- Conduct temperature testing, and complete pre-shift questionnaires
- Coaching employees on our COVID-19 related measures while fostering a positive work environment
- Auditing social distancing implementations
- Report any deficiencies in process and suggest alternative methods
- Creating a positive atmosphere in helping the plant employees stay safe
- Other duties as assigned
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Ability to create relationships and effectively communicate between plant employees, supervisors and management
- The ability to take initiative and work proactively
- Reliable transportation to travel to and from work is required
- Flexible with ongoing changes and updates
- Flexibility of schedule – schedule may require various shifts (days, afternoons, nights and weekends)
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.