Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leding consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
TITLE: General Labour (2 positions available)
REPORTS TO: Production Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Production – RAW Department
SHIFT TIME: Day Shift, 6:30 am - 3:30 pm
RATE: $14.02/hour (start rate)
$14.52/hour (first raise after 12 months)
The General Labourer works in the Production department. He/she works in a fast-paced food manufacturing environment, responsible for packaging, trimming, clean-up and other food processing activities. This person has direct impact on the efficiency of our operation and contributes daily to quality of our products.
REQUIRED SKILLS, ABILITY & EXPERIENCE:
- Contributes to a healthy work environment, while maintaining high food safety and health and safety standards
- Works on the production line to process pork products
- Checks and weighs materials and/or product
- Transfer, seal, manually labels and pack product into bags, cartons or other containers
- Removes finished goods packages from conveyer and place on pallets
- Checks products and packaging for basic quality defects
- Trims and removes quality defects from product
- Moves and lifts skids, tanks and combos
- Follows curing process of Salting & Desalting hams
- Able to apply leaf lard to product safely using appropriate tools and personal protective equipment
- Performs daily GMP monitoring tasks checking room temperatures, condensation and boot wash concentration
- Performs daily preoperational inspections accurately and completely
- Acts to correct any issues and to make improvements, troubleshoots equipment if necessary
- Directly helps the department to meet targets and goals while maintaining a healthy and safe work environment
- Maintains productivity that meets/exceeds standards
- Dedicated to creating a high-quality product that consistently meets product specifications
- Contributes to the team and the whole facility in a positive way
- Other responsibilities as required
- Able to work in a fast-paced work environment with repetitive tasks
- Punctual, reliable and responsible
- Can work well in a team environment and support fellow team members
- Experience in meat processing plant is an asset
- Able to stand and walk throughout the shift
- Able to perform repetitive lifting
- Able to lift up to 25 kgs
- Good communication skills, able to speak and read English
- Entitled to benefits after 6 months
- Entitled to pension after 2 years
- Wage increase on your work anniversary for the first 3 years, followed by annual increases in January
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment.