Electrician (Up to $32.13 per hour plus premiums, benefits & pension )
Excited about a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
We are Canada’s largest consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Toronto (Ontario), making high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. With a team size of over 12,500 employees spread across Canada, we export to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
Electrician - Weekend Shift - Courtneypark
Friday-Monday (4 x 10) 6:30 AM – 5:00 PM
The successful applicant must:
- Be able to install, troubleshoot, and repair complex production equipment with minimum supervision
- Enhance equipment performance, recommending improvements and implementing.
- Works from drawings, written or verbal instructions and sketches
- Be able to troubleshoot and identify mechanical/electrical problems
- Operate production equipment and check performance as required
- Be strong on PM (preventative maintenance) procedures in a 24 hour/day operation
- Have proficient knowledge in use of computerized maintenance management system.
- Ensure all job-related operations are in compliance with GMPs, HACCP, WHMIS and health & safety requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A valid Ontario Electrician license is a must-have
- Ontario Millwright license or Refrigeration “B” License would be an asset, but not a necessity.
- Basic computer ability coupled with strong communication skills
- Experience in a manufacturing environment would be an asset
- Must have a full complement of personal/professional hand tools
- Sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Strong team player as well ability to work alone
- Safety-First attitude
Interested candidates may also share their resume on email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods. However only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.