An exciting opportunity has opened up for two (2)
energetic, results oriented individuals within one of Maple Leaf Foods fastest growing markets. Maple Leaf Foods, Edmonton Poultry is a well-established progressive company.
We are currently recruiting for two (2)
qualified and capable individuals to assist management in leading our gas stunning process and teams.
4:00am - 12:30pm
1:00pm - 9:30pm
Oversee the operation of the process flow, ensuring the Live Bay equipment is calibrated and maintained throughout the production process, troubleshoot errors, investigate equipment issues and recommend resolution. Oversee our team members throughout the Live process ensuring systems activity, engaging with maintenance and other subject matter experts to maintain equipment and people processes. Actively participate in a high-performance cross-functional team environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Preferred Hiring Criteria:
- Responsible for maintaining quality of product by setting up and maintaining equipment computer systems, troubleshooting, assist in resolving system errors, scheduling and assigning employees, establishing priorities, revising schedules and resolving people problems
- Overseeing the achievement of production objectives, verification and implementation of manufacturing procedures
- Work closely with maintenance personnel ensuring preventative maintenance program, trouble shooting, and repairs are timely and effective
- Maintains a safe working environment by educating and directing employees on the use of equipment and resources while maintaining compliance with the OHSA, JHSC recommendations or MOL work orders, Company safety rules, GMP’s and HACCP including documentation
- Work with team members in scheduling program, monitor for accuracies, train and assess competencies
- Extensive use of the live bird handling (LBH) HMI (Human Machine Interface) and understanding of logic protocols and maximizing the efficiency of the system, including scale systems
- Identifying any mechanical issues, documentation and follow through
- Organize effective scheduling and input of the system including segregation flocks, Ante Mortem checks, and effective break times and startup
- Ability to execute the start-up, running and shut down of the system independently
- Key User in, but not limited to, the Lairage Monitoring System and Live bird Handling Operating Systems
- Maintains a positive employee relations’ environment by communicating effectively with peers, employees and managers
- Understand and Administration of the Collective Agreement and other company policies and procedures
- Recognize, support and commit to the Food Safety promise, Animal Welfare Regulations and facility Mission statement
The successful candidate will be results-oriented, thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment, and have the ability to develop positive working relationships with all employees. Candidates must have:
- Proven initiative and leadership skills
- Continuous learner and willingness to embrace change
- Experience in computer systems – HMI, diagnosing and resolving interface issues, mechanical weak points and developing actionable items
- Experience and commitment to Good Manufacturing Practices
- Knowledge of HACCP and Provincial Health and Safety Regulations
- Embraces the Maple Leaf Leadership Values
- Superior communication skills in a multi-cultural environment and the ability to deal with a variety of front-line employee relations issues
- Self-directed, mature and professional approach to project work
- Experience in automation systems, for trailer monitoring, live bird handling, controlled atmosphere stunning would be considered an asset
- Must possess strong interpersonal, leadership, presentation and analytical skills
- Well established organizational skills to manage multiple tasks
- Must be physically fit and able to multitask, quickly adjusting from one task to another
- Presence will be required in the Live Bay for long periods of time
- Independent and collaborative work environment
Maple Leaf Foods offers the successful candidate a competitive compensation, benefit and pension package. We offer an employee development plan including; regular performance feedback, and specific developmental activities to ensure continued learning and development.
The incumbent is comfortable motivating and inspiring others, who has a confident and professional attitude, especially when faced with difficult situations and/or people. This individual is someone who thrives in a challenging, productive environment built on respectful collaboration and will strive to complete tasks promptly and adhere to deadlines.