POSITION: Retort Operator (Back-up)
SHIFT: AM Shift Position 6:45 pm to 3:15 pm
- Must possess good English skills. Verbal and written.
- This position involves heavy lifting and must be able to perform mathematical functions.
- Must be able to work in an area that stays above room temperature (Warm environment).
- Must be able to perform and Control retort chamber steam pressure to cook canned foods according to established SOP’s for Thermal Processing.
- Must be able to work varying start times.
- Must be able to Multi task as per Job requirements.
- Must be able to be flexible with Shift Schedule
- Must be able to work with SAP, COMPUTER LITERATE.
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.