Do you love taking on new challenges? Are you detail-oriented with the ability to problem solve under tight deadlines? Do you love working in a fast-paced environment? If this sounds like you, Maple Leaf Foods has the role for YOU!
We are looking for upbeat general labourers who thrive working in a team-based challenging environment!
Snapshot of your role:
The successful candidate will place appropriate quantities of components into the trays.
What you’ll learn:
- Organization and how to effectively meet or exceed productivity goals while maintaining high quality standards
- Communicating effectively in a team-based environment
- General troubleshooting and problem-solving in a fast paced-work environment
- Time management by learning how to effectively manage workloads based on business needs
Required Skills, Ability & Experience:
- Take an active role in changeover procedures and achieve line speed efficiencies
- Visual quality checks of product against customer and internal specifications (Including foreign materials and weight checks)
- Ability to maintain cleanliness of areas of responsibility
- Adhere to individual Product Standard Operating Procedures for components and packaging materials
- Must wear proper PPE and comply with Health and Safety requirements including ensuring power is shut down on equipment prior to specified tasks
- Frequent reaching and standing are required
- Other tasks as assigned
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Interact and share information with employees at all levels (Team members, Lead Hands, Supervisors, Others). Actively participates in their work group.
- Actively finds new and improved ways of completing tasks. Is willing to try new things and assume additional responsibilities (assists with changeovers, keeps up with line speed requirements)
- Employees may be required to complete aptitude testing
- For training purposes, you must be available to work the day shift
- Must be able to handle all food products and work in a cold environment