A Sustainable Protein Company
We are proud of our roots, which we can trace back over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we work to reconnect families with the goodness of food. We are helping to transform the world’s food system so that it can survive, and thrive, for generations to come.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong, values-based culture, where dedicated employees take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, our customers and our communities. Our 11,500 employees thrive in an engaging, open and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and responsibility. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Millwright - Lethbridge
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the individual will be responsible for maintaining and servicing equipment used in the facility for the daily production of our products. Furthermore, they will ensure safe plant operations and a safe working environment for all employees.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will do:
• Must be able to install, troubleshoot, and repair complex production equipment with minimum supervision,
• Operate production equipment and check performance as required
• Strong on PM (preventative maintenance) procedures in a 24 hour/day operation,
• Carry out oral/printed work requests and apply corrective action,
• Perform regular Work Orders and account for inventory and labor on a computerized maintenance program,
• Extensive mechanical knowledge including power transmission, pneumatics and hydraulics,
• Be able to read and understand mechanical drawings/schematics,
• Machining and fabricating for equipment repairs and/or upgrades,
• Welding of equipment or part repair,
• Understand and adhere to all plant Food/Health and Safety Polices.
• Enhance equipment performance, recommending improvements and implementing,
• Ensure all job-related operations are in compliance with GMPs, HACCP, WHMIS and health & safety requirements,
• Perform other duties as assigned.
What we have to offer you:
• Career development opportunities. Your career will not stop at this role, this is just the beginning
• Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
• Defined Contribution Pension Plan
• Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
• Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
• Red Seal Certification or Alberta trade certification
• Experience in a manufacturing environment would be an asset
• Must have a full complement of personal/professional hand tools
• Ability to work rotating shifts, including night shift
• Available for weekend overtime as production demands require
• Sense of urgency and attention to detail
• Strong team player as well ability to work alone
• Safety conscious
• Heavy lifting maybe required
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Basic computer ability coupled with strong communication skills
• Rotating shifts and weekends may be required
• Knowledge of conveyors, industrial / stationary engines, pumps / compressor, grinders, welding equipment, electrical / electronic controls, lathes / machining tools, power tools, fans / blowers, hydraulic systems and high-speed packaging equipment
• Ability to organize and plan daily tasks with minimal supervision
• Good mathematical, analytical and problem-solving skills
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.