A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Six core values guide us in everything that we do.
• Do what’s right
• Deliver winning results
• Build collaborative teams
• Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way
• Learn and grow, inwardly and outwardly
• Dare to be transparent, passionate and humble
Manager, US Demand Planning - Mississauga
The US Demand Planning Manager will establish a new standard of protocol and forecasting process for our new and growing US business. They will work directly with multiple cross-functional partners to build upon, and improve, our process foundations and enhance organizational visibility to both short and long term forecasted volume for the US business. The Manager will play a key leadership role in the weekly consensus forecasting process alongside our US CBT in order to provide organizational clarity on the US volume forecast.
The role is also a key contributor to the Sales and Operations Planning process with a focus on interacting with the US CBT and our S&OP teams to provide the best possible information on which to base our production and inventory management plans for the US.
Finally, the role will engage directly with major external customers in the US to drive collaboration with a constant focus on improving information quality, timeliness, and availability in addition to working toward shared performance goals in both supply chains.
To be successful in the role, the Manager must possess the business acumen, strong influential leadership, and interpersonal skills to build and maintain relationships with our commercial team and other internal stakeholders.
What we have to offer you:
- Accountable for achievement of the targeted customer forecast performance results
- Accountable for achievement of targeted customer service results
- Accountable for achievement of targeted inventory obsolescence results
- To help drive the sales and operations planning and support Sales through the process
• Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
• Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
• Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
• Defined Contribution Pension Plan
• Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
• Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
- 5+ years of experience in demand planning role with direct exposure to S&OP
- In-depth understanding of supply chain processes and business impacts interacting with marketing, sales, finance, and manufacturing / operations University degree and / or professional designation required
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skill, proficient at analyzing large amounts of information/data and drawing fact-based insights based on patterns
- Ability to assess both short-term and strategic, long-term impact of alternative courses of action
- Strong business acumen combined with exceptional communication skills
- Ability to provide business insight to multiple levels of management leaders with appropriate level of detail
- Strong alignment with Maple Leaf Values
- Superior organizational and relationship building skills
- Proven track record of collaborating successfully with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong negotiation skills and influential leadership
- Proven ability to achieve results in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and deadlines
- Continuous Improvement and change management focus, Six Sigma knowledge is an asset