Lightlife Foods, Inc. is looking for a full-time Maintenance Supervisor at our plant located in Turners Falls, MA. The Maintenance Supervisor will report to the Maintenance Manager, and will be providing direct leadership to all maintenance staff. The successful candidate will be results-oriented, thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment, and have the ability to develop positive working relationships with all employees.
• Manage, motivate, develop and provide direct leadership to maintenance staff.
• Supervise repairs carried out by maintenance staff and/or Contractors.
• Evaluate incoming work notifications and, when warranted, generate and prioritize a work order to cover the work.
• Assist with the implementation of capital projects.
• Ensure that all maintenance work is captured on work orders and entered into the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
• Ensure that all scheduled work orders are completed in the allocated time.
• Review completed work orders for correctness and completeness.
• Perform periodic inspections of recently maintained equipment so as to observe the quality of the maintenance performed and the operating condition of the equipment.
• Liaise with Engineering and Operations on matters relating to equipment maintenance and availability.
• Provide guidance to the Planner/Scheduler when approving, prioritizing and estimating work, and technical assistance when developing job plans.
• Participate in various production meetings, KPI review meetings, and pre- and post-maintenance schedule review meetings.
• Assist with the identification of root causes following equipment failures and development of new maintenance tasks to eliminate them in the future.
• Ensure compliance with BRC and GMPs requirements as it relates to food safety and ensure that corrective action requests are dealt with in an effective and timely manner.
• Demonstrate an active involvement/commitment to a progressive health and safety program and food safety program.
• Provide temporary backup for the Maintenance Manager when necessary; and other responsibilities as required.
• Manufacturing environment and have 3 to 5 years of supervisory experience.
• Familiar with the concept of world class maintenance and best practices.
• Aware of Six Sigma, RCM and autonomous maintenance principles.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Industrial Management, Manufacturing, Production Operations Management or equivalent field of study and/or related work experience as a supervisor in a maintenance manufacturing setting.
• Conversant in preventive and predictive maintenance tactics.
• Willing and flexible to work shifts as and when required.
• Comfortable using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), SAP-PM preferably.
• Recognized for their ability to troubleshoot and demonstrated organizational skills.
• Strong interpersonal communication and leadership skills.
• Experience in a food processing or manufacturing environment would be an asset.
• Knowledge of plant refrigeration systems and their operation.
• Able to manage maintenance and maintenance resources effectively through the use of key performance indicators and benchmarking.
• Proven record for identifying reliability issues and participation implementing improvement strategies.
• Knowledge and experience with HACCP.
Since 1979, we’ve been dedicated to making great tasting vegetarian food. Our mission is making eating better accessible and deliciously easy, because the more people love our food, the more good we can do together.
We offer great benefits, including medical/dental, 401(k) with company match, paid life and disability insurance, sick, holiday and vacation pay.
Employment with Lightlife Foods, Inc. is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment physical, criminal background check, and drug screening.
How to Apply:
Email resumes to HR@lightlife.com, or stop in at our Turners Falls location (1 Lightlife Way, Turners Falls, MA 01376) to pick up an application. Lightlife Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status