A Sustainable Protein Company
We are proud of our roots, which we can trace back over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we work to reconnect families with the goodness of food. We are helping to transform the world’s food system so that it can survive, and thrive, for generations to come.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong, values-based culture, where dedicated employees take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, our customers and our communities. Our 11,500 employees thrive in an engaging, open and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and responsibility. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR - BRAMPTON
The Maintenance Supervisor reports directly to the Maintenance Manager. Working closely with other team members, the Maintenance Supervisor strives to maximize facility up time and daily production, while ensuring that all facility equipment is properly maintained through the application of the proper maintenance tactics. This is a “hands-on” supervisory position which is relied upon to lead tradespeople to excellence in maintenance and the achievement of world class results.
A SNAP SHOT OF SOME OF THE EXCITING THINGS YOU WILL DO:
• Manage, motivate, develop and provide direct leadership to maintenance staff;
• Supervise repairs carried out by maintenance staff and/or Contractors;
• Evaluate incoming work notifications and, when warranted, generate and prioritize a work order to cover the work;
• Assist with the implementation of capital projects;
• Ensure that all maintenance work is captured on work orders and entered into the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS);
• Ensure that all scheduled work orders are completed in the allocated time;
• Review completed work orders for correctness and completeness;
• Perform periodic inspections of recently maintained equipment so as to observe the quality of the maintenance performed and the operating condition of the equipment;
• Liaise with Engineering and Operations on matters relating to equipment maintenance and availability;
• Provide guidance to the Planner/Scheduler when approving, prioritizing and estimating work, and technical assistance when developing job plans;
• Participate in various production meetings, KPI review meetings, and pre- and post-maintenance schedule review meetings,
• Assist with the identification of root causes following equipment failures and development of new maintenance tasks to eliminate them in the future;
• Ensure compliance with BRC and CFIA requirements as it relates to food safety and ensure that corrective action requests are dealt with in an effective and timely manner;
• Ensure compliance with all applicable provincial and federal labour regulations and adhere to the terms and conditions specified in the appropriate collective bargaining agreements;
• Demonstrate an active involvement/commitment to a progressive health and safety program and food safety program;
• Provide temporary backup for the Maintenance Manager when necessary; and
• Other responsibilities as required.
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER YOU:
• Career development opportunities. Your career will not stop at this role, this is just the beginning
• Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
• Defined Contribution Pension Plan
• Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
• Employee Assistance Program
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
• Post-Secondary education
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
• A few years of comparable work experience within a manufacturing environment
• Personable demeanor with a knack for communication
• Progressive leader
• Team Player
• System savvy and very comfortable with using Microsoft Office tools
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.