3rd CLASS POWER ENGINEER, Hamilton, ON
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
As part of Maple Leaf Food’s manufacturing team, the 3rd Class Engineer will be a contributor to the efficient operation of the Central Utilities Program (CUP). The incumbent will operate the engineering systems in a safe and efficient manner and in compliance with applicable Acts, Codes, Regulations and Standards; engineering systems includes water (potable, sanitary, storm, etc.), compressed air, and steam and ammonia (NH3) refrigeration, boilers and compressors.
- The incumbent will support the development of SOP's for the start-up of equipment and complete documents to ensure assigned asset numbers as installed, review manuals and generate PM programs for installed equipment.
- Maintain, monitor, test and log all steam generating requirements by operation code and establish operating parameters of equipment with setpoints.
- Completes routine plant inspections of the ammonia-refrigeration, boilers and compressors and ensures that all systems are operating in a safe and expected manner.
- Interface with necessary contractual and inspection departments for corrective or legal requirements.
- Carry out work requests and apply corrective measures in a timely manner utilizing computerized maintenance system (including SAP).
- Follow all Health & Safety, Food Safety, HACCP, WHMIS and MSDS policies or procedures.
- Participate in machinery rebuilds, installations and repairs.
- Shall demonstrate full commitment to the implementation of the requirements of the Global Standard for Food Safety and to processes which facilitate continual improvement of food safety and quality management.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Must hold a valid certificate of qualification as a 3rd Class Operating (Stationary) Engineer.
- Must have a compliment of hand tools
- Must have environmental and energy tracking and reporting knowledge
- Able to heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs)
- Knowledge of steam, compressed air, hot water, power boilers and refrigeration systems
- Willingness to obtain IMT
- Experience in ammonia systems.
- Working knowledge of computer software and computerized maintenance systems such as SAP.
- Must be self-managed and able to set priorities among conflicting priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Can work well in a team environment
Volume & Complexity of Work (A fast paced work environment with multiple, tight and changing priorities)
Travel Requirements (Minimal)
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.